Closing dates 5 April and 5 December (twice a year).
Creina Gee, a very much-loved and respected former New Zealand teacher of ballet and member of the Royal Academy of Dance Examining panel, died in England on 22 September 2005.
In 2006 Creina’s family established the Creina Gee Memorial Award to “enhance excellence and professionalism within Dance Teaching in New Zealand by providing financial assistance for dance teachers, or trainee dance teachers, to undertake courses of study which meet Royal Academy of Dance guidelines.”
The 14+ Dance Scholarship Foundation administers the awards
PURPOSE: To enhance excellence and professionalism within Dance Teaching in New Zealand by providing financial assistance for dance teachers or trainee dance teachers to undertake courses of study which meet the criteria for Time-Valued CPD hours.
- The amount awarded to each successful applicant is at the discretion of the 14+ Dance Scholarship Foundation trustee board but will not generally exceed $1,000
- The RAD is committed to celebrating and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion and encourages applications from all RAD teachers and students
- Awards are available for:
- RAD syllabus courses
- RAD CPD courses
- RAD global webinars, conferences and courses
- RAD Faculty of Education courses
- Courses from external providers that meet the standard CPD requirements for Time-Valued CPD: https://www.royalacademyofdance.org/teacher-training/cpd-with-the-rad/cpd-scheme/meeting-your-cpd-requirement/
Applications will be considered twice per year. Closing dates for applications will be:
- 5 December
- 5 April
Successful applications will be notified with 15 working days of the closing date
Applications will not be considered for retrospective courses