BILL SHEAT DANCE AWARD 2021
This event has expired.
Mon 08 Mar 2021, 12:00 am
Applications Close 10 April 2021
Image: Rosa Woods / Stuff.co.nz
The Bill Sheat Dance Award is an annual grant awarded on merit to support a dancer committed to advancing their dance career. The successful candidate must demonstrate how they intend to contribute and commit to the future dance environment in Aotearoa/New Zealand.
The award is available to dancers who have graduated within the last 5 years from a recognised tertiary institution in classical ballet or contemporary dance. To apply they must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
Eligible dance tertiary institutions include:
- New Zealand School of Dance, Unitec, Te Auaha, TAPAC, and other accredited full time classical ballet and/or contemporary dance programmes, and recognised university dance degree programmes, in New Zealand; and
- Recognised international full time classical ballet and/or contemporary dance programmes of equivalent standing, as determined by the trustees in their absolute discretion.
The closing date for applications is 10th April 2021. Applicants will be notified as soon as practicable after 1 May 2021.
The annual award is $2000.
To apply, submit the following:
- Application form – print, fill in, scan and email
- Curriculum Vitae: (max 1 A4 page) and headshot
- Two referees (oral)
- Head of School/Director at the institute from which you graduated.
- Director/Choreographer from any production you have been involved with since graduating or final year at graduating institution
- Links to your showreel or performance. Include one solo piece
For NZ citizens – either (a) a copy of the identification pages of your New Zealand passport or (b) copies of your driver’s license and birth certificate.
For permanent residents – a copy of the identification pages of your passport plus a copy of the permanent resident visa endorsement in your passport or your e-Visa.
Email application to email@example.com by 11.59pm 10th April 2021
(Please ensure the emailed application is no larger than 2 MB)
Any queries about your eligibility or application contact:
Sandra Norman firstname.lastname@example.org ph 021 519 581
Applications are assessed by a panel of professionals and all decisions are final.