Figuring out how to use Social Media as a creative or company owner can be quite tricky, like knowing when to post, trends, and other complicated technological stuff.
But don’t worry, I’m here to give you a few quick hacks to help present yourself or your business on Social Media… and possibly get more followers.
In this blog, I’m going to give 3 hacks for 3 social platforms. Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
INSTAGRAM HACK #1: Profile Picture and Bio
This is your first impression so you wanna look good! Make sure to include the following:
- First and last name
- What you do (choreographer, dancer or acrobat)
- Where you are located Auckland, Wellington, New Plymouth, etc.
- Ensure your photo fits within the dimensions of Instagram’s borders
INSTAGRAM HACK #2: Hashtags
This is like the cheese to your pizza… you kind of need it:
- Use hashtags that range from 80k to 300k
- You’ll stay on the hashtag page for longer, which means more exposure from people who don’t follow you.
- If you use a hashtag that has more than 300k, you will become irrelevant amongst all the other posts in that hashtag.
- In other words, don’t use #dance
INSTAGRAM HACK #3: Posting times
This is an Instagram feature is only available for business or creators:
- To access this tap on your insights, then the audience, scroll down, and then
- you will see the best times to post.
- This way it helps let you know when your followers are online and maximize your engagement on your post.
- So don’t post at 3 am when it's your best time at 9 pm.
FACEBOOK HACK #1: Profile and cover photo
Just like Instagram, you want to make a good first impression:
- To do this, use Canva.com to create a free online account.
- Create a cover photo using one of Canvas many templates to choose from
- Select a dance photo and add text that states what your page is about, eg. choreographer, dancer, creative.
- I recommend using a Headshot as a profile picture and minimizing the empty space.
FACEBOOK HACK #2: Invite all your Facebook friends
Do you have over one thousand friends, but none of them know you make cool work?
- Invite all your friends on Facebook to like your artist page
- To do this, go into your page likes and select invite all friends
- You will be able to gain more followers and interact with your friends and family
- All support counts!
FACEBOOK HACK #3: Share button
- The share button helps engage with your followers.
- For example, you could write “share this post and be in to win a free class, workshop, private lesson with a choreographer”
- You can also add, “tag 2 friends in the comment section below to be in to win.”
YOUTUBE HACK #1: Feature video
Create a video that states what your page is about:
- A feature video shows your potential audience what your page is about and what content you upload.
- Do you upload concept videos, skits, challenges? Maybe a show-reel would go there?
- You want to sell yourself as best as possible, so people want to subscribe to you.
YOUTUBE HACK #2: Attractive thumbnail
Make people want to click on your video with an eye-catching thumbnail!
- Frame a photo or screenshot a cool moment in your video
- Go to Canva.com
- Place a title that states what the video is about, song title, piece name, etc.
- Add filters for the ultimate clickbait effect!
YOUTUBE HACK #3: Video description
In your video description make sure to include the following:
- A description of your work and people involved
- Credit the music artist that you may be dancing to
- Use hashtags which will appear above the title
- Also links to your other social media accounts, where they can find you (Facebook, Instagram)
And that’s it, before you know it you're a social media superstar ready to take on the world!
Download the PDF: 9 Social Media Hacks with Anton Pulefale