How can I support NZ Dance Week?
There are many ways you can get involved and it’s certainly not limited to what you see below!
HELP GET THE WORD OUT
- Subscribe to our DANZ/NZDW E-News to be in the know and share with your own networks.
- Display NZDW promotional material (flyers and posters) in your home, studio and/or place of work. If you would like to receive printed posters and/or flyers please put in a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 04 801 9885.
- Get on the social media train! Show your friends and the world what you’re getting up to during NZDW; post photos, videos, send out Tweets to the Twitterverse, update statuses, create events, and don’t forget to use #nzdanceweek2017.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a simple korero!
BECOME A NZDW AMBASSADOR
- Volunteer to be DANZ’s eyes and ears in your community – whether you’re in Cape Reinga or Bluff!
- DANZ will provide you with marketing material (flyers and posters) to distribute and display around your community + press background information.
- Talk to your friends, family, co-workers, students and teachers about NZDW; encourage participation!
- Get active on social media! Disseminate NZDW information, post images and videos, get involved with the 30 Second Dance Challenge, share events, and use #nzdanceweek2017 in your social media ventures.
- Host your own events and activities during NZDW.
- Keep DANZ updated on the happenings your area.
- When you become and an Ambassador you will receive a NZDW t-shirt, x2 DANZ magazines, a DANZ calendar, a FREE Bronze ($30) membership for 12 months, and an Ambassador certificate.
HOST AN EVENT OR WORKSHOP
- Host a dance workshop, put on a performance or have artist discussions/meet-ups and get it listed on the DANZ website.
- Should you register your event with DANZ, we will provide you with umbrella marketing to help promote your event. This will include:
- NZDW posters and flyers
- NZDW logos for inclusion on your own event marketing material (website, Facebook, e-news)
- Design and supplied e-flyers/posters specifically for your event, based on a standard template (optional)
- The opportunity to work with DANZ to include your event (where possible) in a combined promotional and communications plan – print, radio, television and digital marketing.
- Or simply have your own private event and document it on social media with #nzdanceweek2017 – you could host your own dance party, dance movie night, or have your kids put on a performance for the family; the possibilities are endless!
- DANZ can help you connect and programme a dance event/installation in the public spaces of your community; libraries, art galleries, cinemas.
- Register your interest with DANZ as an artist or venue wanting to collaborate with the other to develop an event or experience for the public to enjoy!
- DANZ can provide you with umbrella marketing.
STEP INTO DANCE (29 April, 10am-12pm)
- Are you a studio or other variety of dance venue? Based on the Nuit Blanche festival model, this is a national, one day opportunity for you to open your doors for the public to explore and engage in your space.
- You can take tour groups through your studio/venue, allow the public to view a class or rehearsal, or set up a meet and greet with the awesome people who use your space.
DANZ can supply you with umbrella marketing material.
30 SECOND DANCE CHALLENGE
- The idea is simple! Show your NZDW support by filming yourself, your friends, family, co-workers or your pets doing a jig for as little as 30 seconds. You can go as big you like – whether you organise a flash-mob or do a little dance in your living room. It’s all good!
- Share the video on your social media platforms and use #nzdanceweek2017. Alternatively you can send the footage to us and we’d be happy to share it!