Creative Residency in Christchurch
This event has expired.
Wed 04 Mar 2020, 12:00 am
6 days ago, Tue 31 Mar 2020, 05:00 pm
The Arts Centre Te Matatiki Toi Ora
Applications close 31 March
This residency programme supports creative professionals practicing in any creative media to work on a project for up to three months at The Arts Centre Te Matatiki Toi Ora in Ōtautahi Christchurch, Aotearoa New Zealand. It is open to people from New Zealand and around the world for a residency period of between 1 and 3 months.
Engagement with the local community is an integral part of this residency programme and it is anticipated that the residency will culminate in an exhibition, performance, reading, workshops or some other such event that involves the community. It is also hoped that residents will be interested in collaborating with local practitioners.
Who can apply:
Creative professionals from a broad range of practices such as visual arts and crafts, music, theatre, dance, film, writing, design, photography, and digital and sound art, fashion and gaming.
When to apply:
Applications for this first round will close on March 31 2020. Residencies are offered via invitation as well as via proposal.
The Arts Centre will provide:
- publicity informing the local community of the residency
- a fully furnished room with work desk and private bathroom in The Arts Centre’s Creative Residence. Living spaces are shared with other residents.
- access to Wi-Fi
- a per diem of $85 NZD per day, paid weekly
- Up to $1500 NZD towards travel costs to and from Christchurch, New Zealand.
- links, contacts and advice in relation to the local arts and creative industries community
- advice and support with orientation and realising projects onsite
Studio space may be provided depending on availability and requirements.
Residents are expected to:
- arrange their own transport to and from Christchurch
- arrange their own work permits/visa if applicable, with the support of The Arts Centre
- be in residence in The Arts Centre Creative Residence during their stay
- be available for media interviews and photographs
- work with The Arts Centre to devise and deliver an event(s) for the public including exhibitions, performances, open studio, workshops, forums, classes etc
- acknowledge the support of The Arts Centre in any publicity material pertaining to the creative work or events that they may create while in residence at The Arts Centre
- provide The Arts Centre, within 4 weeks of completing their residency, with a report of their time at The Arts Centre
For more information about the Creative Residence living space visit: https://www.artscentre.org.nz/visit/stay/creative-residences/