Dance makes important contributions to our nation, economy, cultures, communities and individuals. The industry spans performance, education, recreation and incorporates contemporary, traditional, and social forms of dance.
DANZ represents the dance industry and advocates to central and local government and other organisations to realise this contribution and enable the dance industry to:
- Work together with unified purpose
- Create a productive and sound independent dance sector, businesses and organisations
- Foster sustainable and diverse careers in dance
- Provide comprehensive and integrated opportunities for skill development
- Promote dance that is artistically recognised on the world stage
- Engage people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities in dance as participants and audiences
- Celebrate cultural diversity through dance
DANZ brings strength to this advocacy role through the broad networks and partnerships it has with key stakeholders in the recreation, tertiary, health and research sectors, Equity and other professional organisations.