New Zealand Dance Festival Trust - General Manager
This event has expired.
Tue 05 Mar 2019, 09:00 am
7 days ago, Fri 15 Mar 2019, 05:00 pm
Applications close 15 March
- Part Time 8 Month Contract
- 25th March - 29th November 2019
- New Zealand Dance Festival Trust | Tempo Dance Festival
This is an opportunity to work in a creative and rewarding artistic environment.
New Zealand Dance Festival Trust presents Tempo Dance Festival, the critically-acclaimed annual festival which has celebrated, developed and promoted outstanding dance, dancers and choreographers since 2001. Tempo Dance Festival will be presented in Auckland CBD in October 2019.
NZDFT is seeking a General Manager. The successful candidate will work closely with the Artistic Director, the Producer, the Tempo Dance Festival team and the Board of Trustees.
You will have responsibility for the general management functions which includes:
- Reporting to and liaising with the Trust Board and attending Board meetings
- Managing budgets
- Maintaining of administration and finance systems
- Timely preparation of returns
- Analysing financial aspects of ticketing
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Contracting and/or supporting the festival staging team, accounting, marketing and fundraising contractors
- Administering health and safety and accessibility requirements
The successful candidate will be a positive, experienced and efficient Manager with management accounting experience, able to support a team of contractors and work well with the Artistic Director, Producer and Trustees in a friendly environment. Experience in budget development and management, including intermediate/advanced Excel skills, and in team management are essential.
Experience in Xero and the arts industry are desirable but training is available.
The successful candidate will have a great can-do attitude, good time management abilities, be a clear, sensible thinker with a willingness to be flexible and be able to meet financial targets. Good interpersonal skills are necessary.
This is a 8 month contract position working approximately 22 hours per week.
If you believe you have the skills and experience we're looking for, please Apply Now through our online application form below.
Applications close Friday 15th of March.
Please Quote Reference Number 71834
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.