Launch Pad Dance Intensive Applications
This event has expired.
Tue 08 May 2018, 05:05 pm
3 days ago, Wed 23 May 2018, 05:00 pm
Sydney Olympic Park
Application close 23 May
LAUNCH PAD DANCE INTENSIVE 2018
Monday 25 - Friday 29 JUNE 2018 @ ACPE, Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney, Australia
“LAUNCH PAD is a place to embark on new experiences and to inspire a new chapter.”
Are you an early-career dance artist seeking development in the art-form that you love?Would you like to spend five days in Sydney, Australia with like-minded people evolving your skills and developing your industry knowledge?
This could be the opportunity for you!
In partnership with Ausdance NSW, DANZ has the opportunity to support one New Zealand dance artist to attend the LAUNCH PAD Dance Intensive in Sydney Australia, 25-29 June 2018.
LAUNCH PAD will provide tools to guide early career dance artists into the professional sector over the course of five days. The intensive will include daily technique classes, intensive workshops and industry sessions covering project development and career management. It will also provide opportunities for own rehearsal time and networking with other participants.
Guest speakers and tutors include; Sue Healey, Jo Clancy, Josh Thomson, Shelley Moore, Lucy Doherty, Chima Olujie, Monica Davidson, Natasha Crane.
Please note you must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
Schedule: LAUNCH PAD runs from 9am – 6pm daily.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Option One: LAUNCH PAD only
1. Contribute up to $750 for a return airfare to Sydney, Australia to attend LAUNCH PAD.
2. Provide six night’s accommodation @ Base Backpackers, Kent St, Sydney (Private room + ensuite).
3. Provide a food and travel stipend of $80 NZD per day for five days (Total $400 NZD).
4. Provide a complimentary bronze membership to DANZ.
Option Two: LAUNCH PAD plus DAIR (Dance Artist in Residence)
In addition to Option One above, this is an optional opportunity for the successful applicant that follows on from LAUNCH PAD. The DAIR Residency runs 2-6 July and is an opportunity to spend five days in a studio to work on and develop your own choreographic ideas and movement.
The successful applicant will need to be responsible for their own accommodation and living costs during the period of the DAIR residency, if they wish to take up this option.
DAIR recipients receive (From AusDance)...
1. Residency space at host venue.
2. Pre residency planning support from Ausdance NSW via a 30 minute phone call or Skype.
3. A studio visit from Ausdance NSW during the residency.
4. Administrative support from Ausdance NSW for the showing of work during residency (if required).
5. Promotion of artist/residency through Ausdance NSW e-news and social media.
6. Feedback session post residency with Ausdance NSW.
WHAT DOES THE APPLICANT NEED TO COVER?
1. Travel to and from the airport (NZ domestic).
2. Travel from and to airport (Sydney).
3. Valid passport.
4. Extra accommodation and living costs if you choose Option Two.
5. Any additional spending money.
1. The successful applicant will be required to provide a written report of their experience, learnings, networks gained and benefits to their practise.
2. Be an ambassador for DANZ and New Zealand dance by behaving in a professional manner, being on time and making most of the opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY?
Fill out the LAUNCH PAD application form and send to email@example.com along with your CV by 5pm Weds 23 May. A decision will be made by 5pm Fri 25 May and the successful applicant notified the following week.
Read DANZ Magazine article from 2017 LAUNCH PAD (previously BRIDGE INTENSIVE) and DAIR recipient, Matthew Moore here: In Conversation with Matthew Moore
If you have any other enquiries or need clarification on any details please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 04 801 9885.