Silver Swans® Licensee Training Wellington
Fri 19 Jul 2019, 10:00 am
Fri 19 Jul 2019, 05:00 pm
11 Hutchinson Road Newtown, Wellington 6021
Professional Development, Dance, Education, Personal Development
RAD Members - $190 , Non- RAD members - $270
This one-day workshop introduces experienced ballet teachers to Silver Swans®, with a focus on safe and inclusive practice for adults and strategies to maximise their experience.
Completion of the workshop will entitle teachers to deliver Silver Swans branded ballet classes, including the use of its logo and a marketing tool-kit. (More information on the benefits of becoming a Silver Swans Licensee can be found on this page)
In order to participate in this workshop, you must either:
- Hold RAD Registered Teacher status, or
- Hold an Intermediate ballet qualification or equivalent, plus a dance teaching qualification at Level 4 OR can evidence dance teaching experience in professional contexts
If you are an RAD Registered Teacher, you may apply direct for a Silver Swans Licensee Training place by booking here Silver Swans® Licensee Training Wellington.
If you are not an RAD Registered Teacher, you will need to verify your eligibility for Silver Swans Licensee Training before you are able to register for a place. Information on how to do so is available at this page.
(If you have been notified that you are eligible to take part in Silver Swans Licensee Training, please refer to your confirmation email, which contains the access code to unlock your place.)
Please note, the license fee is until 31 August 2019.
From 1 September 2019, annual license fees will be due as listed below:
- RAD Registered Teacher: No license fee
- Full or Affiliate Member: $120.00
- RAD Friend: $240.00
- Non-member: $240.00
To provide practical experience of effective ballet teaching strategies for a group of mixed ability older learners.
On completion of the workshop you will have:
- an understanding of Silver Swans and the responsibilities and expectations of license holders
- an awareness of a range of ballet teaching strategies and the benefits of these strategies in relation to the Silver Swans
- a greater understanding of how to safely modify and deliver ballet repertoire for older learners
- knowledge and understanding of appropriate progression, differentiation and integration considerations for adults of mixed ability
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org