Production Manager - The New Zealand Dance Company
Mon 04 Feb 2019, 09:00 am
Fri 01 Mar 2019, 05:00 pm
The New Zealand Dance Company
Production Manager, Dance
Applications close 1 March 2019
Do you have a passion for high quality performing arts? Would you like to be permanently employed in one of Aotearoa New Zealand’s most exciting touring performing arts organisations? If so read on.
The New Zealand Dance Company seeks high quality applicants with a minimum of 10 years’ experience for a full time fixed term role as the Company’s Production Manager.
The primary purpose of the role is to:
- participate in the strategic discussions associated with the Company’s planned and potential activities and contribute the technical and production management perspective to those discussions;
- provide event production management and logistics management services for the Company, including the smooth implementation of all operational and production elements in liaison with the various performance venues, suppliers, festivals, event companies and their personnel and contractors; and plan, manage and supervise all production and technical management requirements for the totality of performance related activities undertaken by the Company, from development of the performance or event, through rehearsal and performance, and pack up / storage of the physical performance components;
- ensure effective production management outcomes for all the Company’s artistic activities, both on professional stages and events, and elsewhere, including school and community facilities and public spaces.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- planning, organisation, implementation and management ofthe production design and technical aspects in all venues;
- planning and management of all production scheduling;
- planning, management and implementation of the Company’s national and international touring logistics;
- liaising with venues and suppliers;
- Recruiting and managing technical staff;
- maintenance and control of the Company’s occupational health and safety systems and obligations;
- working closely and positively with the Chief Executive/Artistic Director, General Manager, Producers, Choreographers and Creative Team.
Essential skills required for the role include;
- previous experience in Production Management, both nationally and internationally
- demonstrated ability to manage timelines and budgets
- the ability to work well with both the management and artistic staff
- flexible availability during production periods
- excellent people and management skills
- a passion for developing a new arts company
- the ability to deliver a high standard of production
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an innovative NZ arts company and enjoy our collaborative, energetic and professional environment, but you will need to be an experienced Production Manager with national and international touring experience.
The salary for the role will be negotiated with the successful applicant.