Dance Education Manager-Artist
This event has expired.
Thu 17 Jan 2019, 01:45 pm
Fri 08 Feb 2019, 05:00 pm
113 Wellesley Street West, Auckland Central
Dance, community, education, performing arts
Applications close 8 February 2019
THE NEW ZEALAND DANCE COMPANY
Dance Education Manager / Artist
Do you have a passion for dance and helping young and senior people find a way to express themselves? And are you a fabulous and well-organised administrator? If so, this could be the perfect role for you.
At The New Zealand Dance Company (NZDC) we run a growing Youth and Community Engagement Programme (YEP! / CE) and we are looking for a highly motivated person to manage, coordinate and develop this programme over 30 hours per week. The role is varied, working as part of a team, and includes connecting with dancers, schools, dance schools, teachers, students, parents, seniors and other community dancers.
In practical terms, the role requires you to :
- Scope, schedule, market and deliver youth and community workshops
- Administratively support NZDC initiatives and seasons and work collaboratively with the wider NZDC team
- Communicate, book and confirm activities/requirements for workshops and performances with all stakeholders including the dancers
- Take responsibility for youth and community engagement correspondence
- Maintain records, reports, archives and filing for community and youth projects
- Maintain the YEP! / CE database and systematically use the NZDC CRM
- Invoice and monitor payments for all youth and community engagement activities and collaborative programmes with NZDC
- Deliver NCEA and other school workshops as required
- Write and reconcile related funding applications in a team
- A background including considerable exposure and tertiary qualifications in the performing arts and/or education sectors
- Word, Excel, Outlook
- Social media basics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Methodical and process focused
- Ability to converse with a range of people
- Ability to work independently in a timely way
- Ability to be flexible and respond as required
- Experience in dance, performing arts and/or education
- Mentoring experience.
- Choreographic experience
- Basic design skills
- Database Management (experience with CIVI a plus)
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have post graduate experience across a varied range of environments
This is an exciting opportunity to build on and continue to strengthen the foundations of The New Zealand Dance Company as it enters its seventh year of development. You will need to be an enthusiastic team player with excellent references, and you will enjoy a collaborative, energetic and professional environment.
For further information, including a detailed job description, please contact Caroline Bindon at email@example.com
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 am Friday 1 February with your CV, a covering letter detailing why you think you are a suitable candidate for this position and two referees that we can contact. Please note that your covering letter will form part of the shortlisting process.